Inclusive Movement Workshops for Performers
2 Lab sessions for disabled and non-disabled artists
With Louise Coleman & Fiona Wright
Friday 12th July 5.00-6.30pm
Thursday 18th July 5.00-6.30pm
Siobhan Davies Dance Studios, 85 St Georges Rd, London, SE1 6ER
“pay what you can” (suggested minimum £5 per workshop)
Near Elephant & Castle / Waterloo
Come and join us in explorations with a focus on:
- each working at our own pace with ease and enjoyment
- sessions designed to be open for each person to explore and to feedback
- reflections on our own individual movement practice
- reflections on potentials for inclusive group work
- strategies for finding creative solutions in physical exploration
Louise Coleman is a Performance Maker and Inclusive Practitioner. Working across the boundaries between theatre and dance, her work uses movement and autobiographical stories to experiment with challenging different understandings of the body, including (dis)ability. The Feldenkrais Method influences all of Louise’s work.
Fiona Wright has been making performances and teaching for over twenty years, working through choreography, writing and installation. Awareness Through Movement (Feldenkrais Method) has been her main route and influence towards somatic practices and experiential anatomy.